Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

My two 60,s V8,s

V8 Junkie

My two 60,s V8,s

Post by V8 Junkie »

Got the carb,s on the SP tuned using a carb synchroniser from Moss Motors, very satisfying experience :) patience is virtue ;) changed the plugs and reset timing now running really well. Had some lovely drives in both cars really enjoying the soundtrack from the exhausts 8-)
Attachments
DSC_0003_1.JPG

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: My two 60,s V8,s

Post by tjt77 »

intersting.. nice choice of cars.. my current Daimler project is a mix of Mustang ( 302 hi-po engine.. AOD gearbox) and daimler/jaguar with the '64 V8 2 1/2 litre saloon body .. progress remains slow but it now runs and drives.. awaiting workshop space so I can get it on the hoist and attend to a good clean up and service of underside (which is remarkably rust free) ... currently making replacement door cards between other customers restoration work.. and taking longer than I'd estimated.. given the ford 302 can be made to produce over 350hp and remain tractable, is quite narrow compared to the Turner V8 and considerably ls expensive to rebuild, allied to being very close in overall wieght.... its a very versatile power train. my Daimler hybrid was built and fully restored in the mid 1980s.. 2 owners along before I aquired its as a 'dead' project.. the previous 8 yrs in the rather damp Seattle climate took its toll..but fortunately the weather damage is limited to paintwork, interior and minor mechanical sub assys.. previously it was in the gentle coastal california climate..so well preserved overall,.especially body structure which remains superb .. Id post images, but am not able to on this site as yet due to lack of computer savvy...