Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

2019 SP250 Calendar

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: 2019 SP250 Calendar

Post by Fossil »

Very much so Alan, and glad I did, though disappointed not to meet Bill G the Creator! It is a magnificent machine, perhaps the purest example of the type ever.

Delighted to hear that the SP Stand was awarded second prize!

I've had mine so long without returning it to the road that I'm sure everyone must think it is imaginary, or that there are insurmountable problems. However neither is true, I'm just getting on a bit, slowing down, time passing twice as fast as it used to, and have too many other things to do, so it rarely gets to the top of the priority list.

Compared to Bill's car this one is perhaps the least pure example because there is little of the original SP that hasn't been modified, and fairly obviously. So it will be a work of the devil to many SP afficionados. But still worth preserving as an example of what was possible.

I may have mentioned that one of the most interesting discoveries in the 4.5 engine is that the exhaust port has substantially less bossing around the valve guide so the ports must flow better than the 2.5 engine. So little possibility of power gain by removing the valve guide shelf as Russ Carpenter does. That just leaves the cam and the exhaust manifolds as worthwhile targets for power gains. Once it is back on the road I may look into getting SP style 4 into 1 manifolds made to replace the original style straight pipe type. But that is all in the future. Must get on!

Cheers

Geoff
Dart & Dauphin.June.12 053.JPG
Attachments
July03-NewbyHall 022 (1).jpg
July03-NewbyHall 023.jpg
Dart & Dauphin.June.12 054.JPG

Bud

Post by Bud »

Arrived Western NY todays post.
Great work as per usual. Thanks Alan and all.
Don't miss a great deal and some nice pics too!
Support your marque, the big 60 is coming.

soaringace

Post by soaringace »

Thanks for the endorsement Bud.

As you say, the sales of the calendars do provide a bit of financial support for the SP250 group, and in particular, for the publication of pasSPort.

Alan

soaringace

Post by soaringace »

Calendar sales are going exceptionally well with over 150 now sold.

I only have a handful of both wall and desk calendars left, so if you still want one, contact me quickly to reserve one before they sell out!!

Thanks

Alan

soaringace

Post by soaringace »

I now have just 1 wall calendar & 6 desk calendars left, so if you want one to start the New Year in the right way, please email me before they all go!!!

Thanks & Happy New Year to you all.

Alan

Bud

Post by Bud »

Well done, great effort by Alan and the calendar committee to continue SPreading the word.

soaringace

Post by soaringace »

I have now sold all of the wall calendars but have had two more requests for them. Lavenham Press can do a supplementary print run but I need a minimum order of at least 10 to make it worthwhile. If anyone else wants a wall version can you let me know by Tuesday 8th January.

I still have 6 desk calendars if anyone wants one of this version.

Thanks

Alan

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

The 2019 Calendar is already giving pleasure as I am somewhat transfixed by Mr January's most perfect SP dashboard/cockpit that I have ever seen and I would like to congratulate whoever created it.

Of course it is not original but it ticks all the boxes and looks superb.

Happy New Year everyone!

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

soaringace

Post by soaringace »

I am delighted that all of the 2019 SP250 calendars have now been sold and this has produced a profit of £560 for the pasSPort fund which will be passed on to Laurence Jones/Glyn Overy.

Thanks to everyone who submitted photos to produce the final result, and of course to all of you who bought a calendar.

I also appreciate that some of you rounded up your payment to make a further donation to the pasSPort fund.

If you have any photos you would like to be considered for next year’s calendar, please email me a digital copy, ideally by the end of August.

Alan

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

soaringace wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:17 am If you have any photos you would like to be considered for next year’s calendar, please email me a digital copy, ideally by the end of August.

Alan
You must have quite a collection built up over the years so why not have a look at the ones you didn't use? [Hint, hint]