Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

v8 250 banjo bolts

TWF

v8 250 banjo bolts

Post by TWF »

Hi ,does anyone know where I can obtain the rocker oil pipe banjo bolts at a reasonable price ,the only price I have seen is £12 each +VAT and there are 5 of them ,seems expensive for what they are? £72 Regards ,Terry .

captain bobo

Re: v8 250 banjo bolts

Post by captain bobo »

These are about £6 each. I've never used them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/302868622301?chn=ps
Best wishes, Dave B

russcarpenter

Post by russcarpenter »

wrong thread Dave the oil banjo's are 5/16th u.n.c, I make my own

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

the link posted by cap'n bobo is for the brass banjo bolt for fuel line to connect to water separator in the inner wing..(C 13705 ) not as in demand as the rocker oil feed banjo bolts.. and brass costs more than steel..yet the ebay one referenced almost 1/2 the price ...
Jaguar XK engines use the exact same part (C4146 for the 4 'short' ones) and there have been millions of them produced, plus its a part that has good demand due to the fact they are often damaged.. so id suspect you can do better by shopping around with competing suppliers.... ..Kudos to Russ for making his own.. Ive personally never tried to do so.. quite a bit of work to fabricate them Id think..

Ian Slade
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Ian Slade »

Not really if you have a pillar drill ;)
Owner since the 70's, Genghis is slightly to my left.

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by tjt77 »

I have a fully equipped ww/shop with pillar drills etc.. its never straightforward to get the hole bang on centre in a drill press however.. easy to achieve with a small lathe though .. given they are readily obtainable, I simply use originals.. but agreed.. not too much problem to make your own of you have the right tools.. and they can be made far stronger than originals.. the short head of which leads itself to easy damage ..the common problem is rounded off flats ..second one being stretching due to overtightening.. and sometimes they break if weakened .. commonly flush with the head .. extraction difficult in situ.. easy if on the bench though . For the XK engines there are braided flex lines available from normal suppliers.. fittings for which can be obtained to fabricate ones own.. ( I think UK sellers of 'flexolite filter adaptors' carry all that stuff)