Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

sparkplug caps

Ian Hastings

sparkplug caps

Post by Ian Hastings »

Has anyone come up with a suitable alternative to the old bakelite plug caps which I suspect are giving me problems with shorting out causing misfires?

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: sparkplug caps

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Ian Hastings wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:31 pm Has anyone come up with a suitable alternative to the old bakelite plug caps which I suspect are giving me problems with shorting out causing misfires?
One (rather expensive) option is a set of 'Fastlane' HT leads from BT. They have moulded rubber plug caps in place of the Bakelite originals; they look like this...
1-P1270535.JPG
and when installed , like this...
1-P1190546.JPG
They need a little silicone lubricant on the fins to ensure a good connection and subsequent easy removal.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

ddstewie

Post by ddstewie »

Check out Max Overbore Daimler V8 Post.

Patrick

Post by Patrick »

This is what i have. Go to a wrecker's yard and get 2 sets of spark plug wires from a 90s Honda Civic. Strip the wires from the boot and remove approximately 1/2" from the bottom of the plastic boot. Use bulk spark plug wires and rebuild your spark plug leads.
Works well. Looks good and it's cheap.
Patrick
Attachments
sparkplugs 3.JPG
sparkplugs 2.JPG
sparkplugs 1.JPG

Ian Hastings

Post by Ian Hastings »

Many thanks for the info and excellent pictures.