Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP front seats.

TWF

SP front seats.

Post by TWF »

Hi , looking in Passport ,I see that some SP250 owners have changed their front seats for more comfortable ones ,MGB ,MGF ,and TR7 ones being used ,I am sure that they are all more comfortable than the originals ,but which ones are the easiest to fit into the SP ,Regards , Terry .

fireboss

Re: SP front seats.

Post by fireboss »

My wife and I have enjoyed the Newton Commercial bespoke seats for the SP250 for 3 years. I checked into them after another member used them on his trip to Italy. You can check them on their website, just google their name. They require the runners from the original seats so fit right in nicely. Lovely leather with good back support but a tad expensive.

Good hunting, Bruce

BARRY COPE

Re: SP front seats.

Post by BARRY COPE »

Hi,. I have fitted Triumph TR7 seats. As well as having better lumber support, you also sit about an inch lower in the car. Make sure you get the runners, as they slide much better. They also have inertia reel seat belts from the convertible. I had mine recoverd to match the rest of the car and still have the original tan covers cluttering up my garage, but too good to throw out.
Good luck
BARRY