Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

E Bay Scams

faeton

E Bay Scams

Post by faeton »

The E Bay Scammer is back , A rough calculation there are about one hundred pages with Fifty per page , All priced at 3k , ..approx Five thousand items , Including an SP250 . Some descriptions dont even resemble the sales item

How can E bay allow this to continue , I have known sellers who have sold off site and threatened by E Bay , Yet they let this farce continue . the person responsible must have a serious grudge against E Bay.

Dave

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: E Bay Scams

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

He's still at it. As well as the SP, 'his father' is also selling at least half a dozen Triumph Stags - oddly enough all listed at £3000.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

classiclife
Classic Wise Man
Classic Wise Man

Post by classiclife »

Further to the above, he / she has also placed a load of identical adverts for V8-250 saloons recently - guess what the price is ??

You got it, £3K !!!

I agree whole heartedly with Dave's comments on eBay's double standard practices - it's all about the money and not the individual.

Regards.

Richard.
1968 Daimler V8-250 Saloon
DLOC East Sussex Branch Secretary
DLOC 2.5L V8 & V8-250 Registrar - https://www.dloc.org.uk/v8-250
DLOC 2024 International Rally - https://www.dloc.org.uk/rally-2024

smithgor

Post by smithgor »

classiclife wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:58 pm I agree whole heartedly with Dave's comments on eBay's double standard practices - it's all about the money and not the individual.
If you've sold anything on Ebay you'll know just how true this is by the time all the charges have added up.

Ebay is not the great auction site it once was. Expensive to sell, as an individual certainly, and plenty of basking sharks to avoid when buying.

I'm continually surprised that, for these reasons, none of the alternatives has broken its hold .

wejxf03

Post by wejxf03 »

Ther's two of them on Ebay now. £3000 each (same photo different sellers)
Anyone want a pair LOL?
John Foskett
Kent UK
SP250 B spec.

John Hitchins
Site Admin

Post by John Hitchins »

Also to add I am not happy with Pay Pal, used for 15 years, I was scammed by a seller who stated a UK seller when in fact was the usual Chinese hiding that fact. I was refunded £60 by Ebay to Pay Pal. I was then told this stays with Pay Pal and not refunded to the bank like the past. The money is used to pay future transactions. The recording of this is very poor and have to take their word on it. I am not very happy with this so be warned.

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

John Hitchins wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:54 pm Also to add I am not happy with Pay Pal, used for 15 years, I was scammed by a seller who stated a UK seller when in fact was the usual Chinese hiding that fact. I was refunded £60 by Ebay to Pay Pal. I was then told this stays with Pay Pal and not refunded to the bank like the past. The money is used to pay future transactions. The recording of this is very poor and have to take their word on it. I am not very happy with this so be warned.
Interestingly I had exactly the opposite experience. A seller who could not supply the item I ordered refunded my money to PayPal, where I was quite happy to leave it as credit against future purchases. I then received an email from PayPal stating that I had requested the refund to be transferred to my bank account (I hadn't made any such request) and sure enough it appeared in my account the next day. Odd!
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Although it needs proper and professional verification of course, but I question that PayPal have a legal right to retain refunds against future purchases - given the laws prevailing in the country of application must take precedence.

Given it is Ebay who act as factors for any transaction and who operate a refund policy - PayPal are only a third party entity acting as a clearing house for the transfer of funds, and as such have deminished dictate if any on their appropriation.

By "holding funds" PayPal are cajouling and/or enforcing the individual into making further purchases, which vendors and shops were outlawed to do in the U.K. yonks ago.

John Hitchins
Site Admin

Post by John Hitchins »

I agree Stan that funds should not be kept, in the past it was refunded very quickly, also there is absolutely no record of where the refund is stored or used, this cannot be legal. So 2 points for everyone who use Ebay, beware of items location, so many say UK but are really China, as soon as you buy writing goes to gobbledygook chinese text, then when the sale goes wrong your money is grabbed by PayPal and kept until the next purchase which may be weeks away. There is no record of this in the account.

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Sounds like a job for your local M.P. That'll take his mind of B****y Brexit!!