Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

New acquisition

David S

Re: New acquisition

Post by David S »

Splendid!

Me-thinks Vortex O'Plinth will soon become the Pink Panther?

Will it be going to Wheel Nuts in Stroud?

David

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

David S wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:32 pm Splendid!

Me-thinks Vortex O'Plinth will soon become the Pink Panther?

Will it be going to Wheel Nuts in Stroud?

David
Maybe - this was meant to be the year my MG finally got an outing (it last ran in 1963!), but there's still a lot of trimming to do....
P1000304-002.JPG
... so perhaps the Corvette will jump the queue. :)
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Petelang »

When I was nowt but a lad, as an apprentice, we had a brand new race prepared Corvette in the workshop and I had to move it onto the beamsetting bay (presumably to check light alignment). The clutch was so almighty hard to press due to the most enormous spring loading. It was nigh damned impossible to control at low speed and eager not to crash it into the wall, I was extremely nervous, so told my immediate superior I wasn't happy doing it. He got in, started it and shot off like a bullet in it when the clutch came back up fast, followed by that neat tinkling of glass and the crunch of it hitting the bench. Glad that wasn't me....
Peter
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.