Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

insurance renewal

faeton

insurance renewal

Post by faeton »

Just had my insurance renewal documents arrive , No change of circumstances for me apart from being 12months older. . Premium increase £30. EXCESS Increase £300 ??. This is an agreed valuation policy. They also require 6 photographs plus a current MOT certificate , Although I choose to MOT my car even though it is now not a requirement , Needless to say I will be shopping around

Dave SP250 .

silverdart

Re: insurance renewal

Post by silverdart »

HI Dave,
I have spoken to a lot of owners of classics and no one I have met gives Hagerty a bad name.
Apparently, if you are unfortunate enough to have to make a claim, they settle very quickly with minimum fuss.
They only require photos every 3 yrs. for agreed value.
I increased the value on both my cars by £3000 each at renewal and was told, no new photos reqd. for such a small increase.
When you phone them there are no queues, you speak to an agent immediately.
They are not the cheapest but, I would certainly give them a try.
B.t.w. I am not on commission!

Regards Dave.

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

Most companies put up the price for the second year indicating that the internet prices are loss leader prices to appear competitive. Either change company each year or let your policy lapse and reinsure with your old company next day at the introductory internet price again (which is what I do).
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

faeton

Post by faeton »

My renewal for everyday car arrived today , Paragraph regarding No Claim Bonus PNCD ," For vehicle --------- this increases your premium by £38 50p .you have current PNCD OF 9 YRS" . { Max .} there is a list of tables showing amounts etc .Under these tables there is an asterisk with the following note

* PNCD DOES NOT PROTECT THE OVERALL PRICE OF YOUR INSURANCE POLICY .THE PRICE OF YOUR INSURANCE POLICY MAY INCREASE FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT OR CLAIM EVEN IF YOU WERE NOT AT FAULT.

Am I alone in thinking that paying PNCD Covered any increse in premium if not what does it cover ,. No doubt the insurance companies have an answer or do I see another misselling scandel as with PPIs.

Dave

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

I am, and have been for a few years now, very disillusioned with insurance in general but car insurance more so.
In my opinion it is nothing more than legalised theft. I wouldn’t trust any of the shower, no more than I would a politician. Sadly I can’t do a lot about either of them.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Protected No Claims Discount protects the discount on the premium, it has nothing to do with the base premium. If your premium is £300 and with 65% protected discount you pay £195 and you make a claim. At the subsequent renewal your premium may increase to £400 because you made a claim and therefore are (considered) a higher risk of making another claim. However, you will still get your 65% discount, albeit now calculated on a higher starting figure.
If the incident that lead to the claim is totally not your fault it is quite within your rights to claim for the uninsured losses from the other party and those uninsured losses can include any subsequent increase in premium.