Please don't post someone's email address or, if you must, put spaces around the @ or change @ to (at). Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post or "Your Posts", as topics are sometimes moved.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation after nr. as this negates search.
New sub-forum Club Documents & Information for DLOC members only. If you can't see the new sub-forum (inside DLOC Forum: Club & Branch News), please email John-B .

Wikipedia SP250 engine photograph

Patersoncm

Wikipedia SP250 engine photograph

Post by Patersoncm » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:40 pm

There is a Wikipedia page for Daimler V8 engines that includes a photograph on a "1963 Daimler SP250 engine":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimler_V8_engines

May just be me but the engine is not the best example and includes a number of non-standard fittings not to mention things like the mixture of HT lead caps, incorrect header tank/thermostat housing and hoses etc etc. Does anyone know how to edit Wikipedia and replace the photograph that is a better image of a tremendous engine that we can be proud of?

tjt77

Re: Wikipedia SP250 engine photograph

Post by tjt77 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:34 pm

If you follow the guidelines on the wikipedia site..there is a facility to enable updates ( check the line about interchangeability with the larger engine.. and click the 'citation needed' link )
given that the image of the 2 12/ litre engine covers several applications (i.e. its not specifically about the SP250) I would think the posted image is acceptable.. its does show the basic details of the engine in visible form.. what DOES need to updating is the interchangeability between the 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 ) ahead of the 'citation needed' add on :- they are NOT directly interchangeable for multiple reasons.. significant size difference, significant weight differences, engine backplates of completely different dimensions , different position of mounts on cylinder block etc etc ..

Christopher Storey

Post by Christopher Storey » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:21 am

I have made some corrections to the wikipedia article to reflect what is said above

KV8

Post by KV8 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:53 pm

Christopher Storey wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:21 am
I have made some corrections to the wikipedia article to reflect what is said above
Well done.

Hope your update sticks. Several i have made on other subjects always get deleted after approx 14 days.

H