Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Wikipedia SP250 engine photograph

Patersoncm

Wikipedia SP250 engine photograph

Post by Patersoncm »

There is a Wikipedia page for Daimler V8 engines that includes a photograph on a "1963 Daimler SP250 engine":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimler_V8_engines

May just be me but the engine is not the best example and includes a number of non-standard fittings not to mention things like the mixture of HT lead caps, incorrect header tank/thermostat housing and hoses etc etc. Does anyone know how to edit Wikipedia and replace the photograph that is a better image of a tremendous engine that we can be proud of?

tjt77
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Wikipedia SP250 engine photograph

Post by tjt77 »

If you follow the guidelines on the wikipedia site..there is a facility to enable updates ( check the line about interchangeability with the larger engine.. and click the 'citation needed' link )
given that the image of the 2 12/ litre engine covers several applications (i.e. its not specifically about the SP250) I would think the posted image is acceptable.. its does show the basic details of the engine in visible form.. what DOES need to updating is the interchangeability between the 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 ) ahead of the 'citation needed' add on :- they are NOT directly interchangeable for multiple reasons.. significant size difference, significant weight differences, engine backplates of completely different dimensions , different position of mounts on cylinder block etc etc ..

Christopher Storey
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Christopher Storey »

I have made some corrections to the wikipedia article to reflect what is said above

KV8

Post by KV8 »

Christopher Storey wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:21 am I have made some corrections to the wikipedia article to reflect what is said above
Well done.

Hope your update sticks. Several i have made on other subjects always get deleted after approx 14 days.

H