If you would like to join the DLOC, please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/
Please don't post someone's email address. Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots and GDPR regulations discourage it.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post or "Your Posts", as topics are sometimes moved.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.

250 v8 rear hub removal (i hope)

Ian Slade

Re: 250 v8 rear hub removal (i hope)

Post by Ian Slade » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:53 am

One could use the marine system for removing propellers, drill a small hole in the half shaft of a length to be half way into the taper, then cross drill into the longitudinal hole, tap a thread into the longitudinal hole to fit a hydraulic union. To remove the hub next time pump oil or grease into the hole to between 5000 to 10000psi using an Enerpac and it should fall off. Drill size is 2-3mm
Owner since the 70's, Genghis is slightly to my left.

Ian Hastings

Re: 250 v8 rear hub removal (i hope)

Post by Ian Hastings » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:39 pm

guitarman1951 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:14 am
Hi Graham,
The wonderful tool is a copy of the original Churchill JD-1 tool, "Martin Robey Ltd "has them listed part no. 204-011 ---- £254.17. I am trying to get one made!. regards Brian
As stated earlier in the thread I have a five legged hydraulic puller which does the job admirably.

I'm offering it for sale for £50.00 plus p&p which is a considerable saving on what you propose.