If you would like to join the DLOC, please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/
Please don't post someone's email address. Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots and GDPR regulations discourage it.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post or "Your Posts", as topics are sometimes moved.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.

V8-250 Saloon: Rear Shocks - SPAX

classiclife

V8-250 Saloon: Rear Shocks - SPAX

Post by classiclife » Sat May 04, 2019 5:59 pm

Hello,

I need to replace the rear shocks on my V8 saloon, as one is a bit worn and they are probably the original units - not done too bad then.

Contemplating purchasing a set of SPAX adjustable units and I would be interested to hear if any other owners have gone the same route.

If so, I would also be grateful to hear what setting "you" have selected on the struts.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Richard.
1968 Daimler V8-250 Saloon
DLOC East Sussex Area Representative.

Southern Classics Society Events Co-ordinator.
www.southernclassics.org.uk

buckfield

Re: V8-250 Saloon: Rear Shocks - SPAX

Post by buckfield » Sun May 05, 2019 2:17 am

Hi, fitted spax adjustable on my fathers mk2 3.4 man/od and had the front setting at 10 (max is 14) and the rear at 7 but I had just fitted all the suspension with polybushes all round so that will/might make a difference, jag mk2 is heavier at the front end so maybe go a bit softer with the V8 lump up front. setting is a bit trial and error but better than the original type? Ton

classiclife

Re: V8-250 Saloon: Rear Shocks - SPAX

Post by classiclife » Sun May 05, 2019 9:12 am

Thanks Ton - much appreciated, that is useful and at the moment just the rear shocks.

Regards.

Richard.
1968 Daimler V8-250 Saloon
DLOC East Sussex Area Representative.

Southern Classics Society Events Co-ordinator.
www.southernclassics.org.uk