Forum registration by new users: Guests should use the Register button top right but if you have difficulty Email mail @ chalkevalley.info (delete spaces).
If you would like to join the DLOC, please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/
Please don't post someone's email address. Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots and GDPR regulations discourage it.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post or "Your Posts", as topics are sometimes moved.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.

V8 saloon LED stop tail replacement bulbs

KV8

V8 saloon LED stop tail replacement bulbs

Post by KV8 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:07 pm

I considered this a couple of years ago but was put off by several reviews stating that whilst the basic tail light was much brighter the stop brightness was not sufficiently different to make it plain to the following driver that I had hit the brakes!

Have things changed? If so what bulbs are recommended? I have tried a Google search but get innumerable results with none of which I have looked at giving comparative brightness in Lumens for both tail and stop conditions

Thanks

H

classiclife

Re: V8 saloon LED stop tail replacement bulbs

Post by classiclife » Fri May 10, 2019 9:45 pm

Hello H.

I know what you mean and there are plenty out there, who want to offer you their bulbs.

A company I have been impressed with is www.classiccarleds.co.uk owned and run by Duncan Rickards.

He sells excellent products and I have always found him very helpful with my enquiries; additionally his prices are not prohibitive.

Probably the only company I would consider purchasing from; he sells all the Daimler / Mk2 requirements except the fog lamps; but he is currently working on this design to produce a suitable LED application.

Regards.

Richard.
1968 Daimler V8-250 Saloon
DLOC East Sussex Area Representative.

Southern Classics Society Events Co-ordinator.
www.southernclassics.org.uk

zxcvbnm

Post by zxcvbnm » Fri May 10, 2019 10:48 pm

Hi, I have just purchased x2 stop tail LEDs from classic car leds for £16 for the V8 saloon. I have not fit them yet. Same as Jag MK2 I am told. Very helpful firm

ranald

Post by ranald » Sat May 11, 2019 8:05 am

This is the supplier i have used. http://www.dynamoregulatorconversions.c ... ds-etc.php
Regards Ranald

grahamemmett

Post by grahamemmett » Sat May 11, 2019 9:48 am

I ordered mine from Ranalds recommendation yesterday afternoon and they arrived this morning!
Graham Emmett
Northwich, Cheshire
Joint DB18 Registrar (with Marcel Renshaw)
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)
https://www.db18.org

KV8

Post by KV8 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:41 pm

Thanks to all for replies and suggested suppliers. If you have fitted LED's from these suppliers is the stop/tail brightness differential ratio the same albeit brighter than a conventional bulb?

Please illuminate :D

H

grahamemmett

Post by grahamemmett » Sat May 11, 2019 11:09 pm

I’d love to but I ordered the wrong darn fitting :oops:
Graham Emmett
Northwich, Cheshire
Joint DB18 Registrar (with Marcel Renshaw)
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)
https://www.db18.org