Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Engine Number

Beat Weibel

Engine Number

Post by Beat Weibel »

Dear experts
Maybe a stupid question that has been answered already many times but I can´t find it in the records:
Where do I find the engine number on an Daimler Dart?
BR
Beat

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Engine Number

Post by John-B »

It's very faint; it's not on a nameplate, it's engraved.

Stand at the front, lean over the radiator and look down to your left at the top of the cast iron block. You may have to use some WD40 and a cloth to clean the area to see the faint numbers.

Beat Weibel

Post by Beat Weibel »

Dear John
That´s what I actually suspected but I hardly can read anything. I ask the seller again ...
BR
Beat

Warsash 2

Post by Warsash 2 »

HI BEAT
I attach a photograph of the engine number on Margaret's car. I cleaned the area with white spirit dried it and then lightly rubbed chalk across it which made it stand out better. If your car is a later model it may have the number on the plate above the pedal box.
Attachments
Engine Number.jpg

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

What I stated above is for the chassis number (but on the chassis). I was getting confused.
The manual says "The engine unit number is stamped on the front R.H. bank of cylinder bores adjacent to the R.H. cylinder head fitting face".