Forum registration by users has been disabled because of many problem registrations from Russia. Email mail @ chalkevalley.info (no spaces) if you wish to join the forum and an administrator will register you.
If you would like to join the DLOC, please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/
Please don't post someone's email address. Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots and GDPR regulations discourage it.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post or "Your Posts", as topics are sometimes moved.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.

v8 250 rear windscreen

CHRIS J

v8 250 rear windscreen

Post by CHRIS J » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:40 pm

can I get a new rear windscreen without paying £500 for a heated one? if anyone knows of a supplier I would be grateful for details.
Or has anyone got a good second hand one for sale?

Has anyone tried to polish out scratches, was it successful?

Chris

classiclife

Re: v8 250 rear windscreen

Post by classiclife » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:57 pm

Hello Chris,

Glass scratches can be removed but is labour intensive and time consuming even for a minor scratch.

I have used Frosts scratch remover in the past with excellent results: https://www.frost.co.uk/glass-polishing ... epair.html

What I will stress, is that you need to ensure you do not apply the pad with the cutting compound for too long a period on the glass due to heat generated; in some cases the screen can crack.

It is certainly worth trying but do adhere to the instructions.

Spare screens do come up and a case of keeping an eye open via the usual channels. I have never fitted a front or rear screen to a Daimler V8 250, but my understanding is that it is a b****r of a job - even the professional fitters consider it as a premier challenge !!

Good luck.

Richard.
1968 Daimler V8-250 Saloon
DLOC East Sussex Area Representative.

Southern Classics Society Events Co-ordinator.
www.southernclassics.org.uk