Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Backfiring and loss of power at hgher revs

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Backfiring and loss of power at hgher revs

Post by Culbu »

Hi guys,

I'm coming back on the "Dwelling on a V8" document written by Peter Wadman (see previous post).

Why should we check up the dwell angle of the number 4 cylinder ?!? This angle is supposed to be the same of each cylinder, isn't it ? Or maybe I didn't understand the procedure due to my English poor level... 😬😬😬

Thanks.

Julian

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Culbu wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:05 am Hi guys,

I'm coming back on the "Dwelling on a V8" document written by Peter Wadman (see previous post).

Why should we check up the dwell angle of the number 4 cylinder ?!? This angle is supposed to be the same of each cylinder, isn't it ? Or maybe I didn't understand the procedure due to my English poor level... 😬😬😬

Thanks.

Julian
The document refers to a 4 cylinder engine, not to cylinder number 4. I think Peter was checking the dwell on the 8 cylinder Daimler engine using a dwell meter with a setting for a 4 cylinder engine. If you have a dwell meter with an 8 cylinder setting then the dwell can be read directly without the need to double the reading.

Your English is excellent - the document is a little confusing.
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Culbu »

Aaaaaaaah !! I'm so stupid !! Thank you