Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler SP250 door silencer sets

CDemler

Daimler SP250 door silencer sets

Post by CDemler »

Hi,
Just to let you al know that the door silencers ( door location pins) male & female parts for the SP250 will be available soon.
They will be made in stainless steel as in the past.
Should be ready by the end of the year.

Zbigmak

Re: Daimler SP250 door silencer sets

Post by Zbigmak »

Thank you for the update.
Please let me know when they become available.
George

CDemler

Post by CDemler »

Hallo,
The door silencer sets are now ready. Sorry that it took so long.It was not that easy to make them.
Sadly I have lost all the emails of owners who contacted me about them, so please get in contact with me again.
They are completely made in stainless steel. Highly polished.Complete with all the inner parts.
Chris

Mike0Ryan

Post by Mike0Ryan »

Are these door silencers something that can (and should?) be installed on an 'A' spec that did not come with them originally?

silverdart

Post by silverdart »

Hi, A spec. doors do not have the recess in the door required to house the male component.
I have an A spec. car and feel that if the door is fitted correctly, the silencer set has little effect.

Dave.

Ian Slade
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Ian Slade »

The door silencers were fitted along with chassis modifications to stop the doors unlatching at high speeds and enthusiastic cornering as experienced by A specs, in the days before seat belts it could be quite unnerving as well as dangerous to find the door wasn't secure if leant against and it opened.
Owner since the 70's, Genghis is slightly to my left.

Mike0Ryan

Post by Mike0Ryan »

Thank you for the information on door silencers. Just as well not to have to add this to my list of improvements to consider. 😊

silverdart

Post by silverdart »

Just to explain, when I said they make little difference I was assuming that anyone with an A spec. had already fitted some form of body stiffening as used on B spec. cars.

Dave.

Mike0Ryan

Post by Mike0Ryan »

Thank you for the clarification, Dave. I did add the 'B' spec chassis upgrades to my 'A' spec during its recent restoration, but the proper fitting of the doors onto the new A posts is still something of a work in progress.