Forum registration by users has been disabled because of many problem registrations from Russia. Email mail @ chalkevalley.info (delete spaces) if you wish to join the forum and an administrator will register you.
If you would like to join the DLOC, please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/
Please don't post someone's email address. Some people don't want to risk it being harvested by spambots and GDPR regulations discourage it.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" which gives all posts in date & time order if you can't find a post or "Your Posts", as topics are sometimes moved.
Reg. nrs. Please add reg. nr. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.

V8 250 Rear bumper trim

CHRIS J

V8 250 Rear bumper trim

Post by CHRIS J » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:48 pm

Hi what is the correct method for installation of the rear bumper rubber trim and chrome finishers on a slim bumper 69 V8 250, is the trim glued or just pushed on?
Any help welcome.

Chris

Zbigmak

Re: V8 250 Rear bumper trim

Post by Zbigmak » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:37 am

Chris
I think you will find it is simply push on.
Generally once you fit it you will need to trim the ends.
G

CHRIS J

Post by CHRIS J » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:02 pm

I have now fitted it successfully, not sure if the chrome finishers are just meant to stay loose on the rubber trim ends?
Chris

buckfield

Post by buckfield » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:26 pm

Mine are a bit loose but they have been like that for 15 years so they would have come off and no problem when I wash the car either, think they are push in clip system on the inside of the bumper, but it's so long ago now.