Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Multiport Electronic Fuel injection.

MVV

Multiport Electronic Fuel injection.

Post by MVV »

Hi Lads
I am in very early discussions with Danst Engineering of Shipley, West Yorkshire with regards to installing multiport EFI in my Daimler 250 V8 saloon. This project has been on my mind for a good few years now and is not going away. If the project goes ahead Danst will supply all hardware /software , install and tune same on their rolling road. I do realize that I will offering my vehicle as a guinea pig so lots of thinking and measuring is needed before we decide pull the trigger ,hence my reason for posting here. I live in Cork Ireland and I need a volunteer living near around West Yorkshire to bring his/her vehicle over to Danst engineering early in the new year for an hour so that they can take measurements and properly assess exactly what will be involved in the installation.
I would really appreciate help on this.
Regards
Kieran

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Multiport Electronic Fuel injection.

Post by Sydsmith »

Kieran Sorry I cant help with a car as I live in Wales, just to say there has been lots on this before on the forum.

If you use the search facility at the top left of the front page and put in fuel injection, you will see it has been discussed in depth in the past. Some have already converted engines.

You could also contact Russ Carpenter, who is an expert on tuning the V8 and has I am sure done fuel injection conversions. Syd

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Sadly I am without a Daimler at the moment. It does sound an exciting project and I sincerely hope someone can help with your request. Please keep us updated on the forum.
There will be the doubters and there will be the ones who support the fact that a well tuned setup is not to be sniffed at. (And there not wrong). But god does love a trier and faint heart never won fair lady.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

MVV

Post by MVV »

Thanks for the replies Lads
I have discussed this with Russ a number of times over the lasts few years ( a gentleman , very generous with his time and Knowledge) . I also read all the relevant posts on this forum and others. I'm not really interested if some people think poorly of this prospective project . As you said the pros and cons been discussed at length before . For the moment I just hope someone can help with providing a car for a short time for measurement purposes in Shipley. If there are others further down the line with their EFI projects I would love to hear from them to get an update.
Thanks again Lads and Merry Christmas
Kieran

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

I believe John Minchell went quite a long way down the line with this and maybe the NZ crew too. The NZ crew, Steve Carr, seem ahead of the game on most things.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

MVV

Post by MVV »

Hi Simon . Thanks for the info. Are they on this forum and what is their user names. Merry Christmas. Regards Kieran

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

MVV wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:04 pm Hi Simon . Thanks for the info. Are they on this forum and what is their user names. Merry Christmas. Regards Kieran
John Minchell = Dart
Steve Carr = Daimlersteve

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

I have made triggerwheels that fit the front crankshaft hub, Andrew Carpenter has a modified inlet manifold ready with injectors and fuel rails. Not sure what more you’d need than a lambda sensor in the exhaust both sides to use auto tune for the ECU and either a TPS or MAP sensor?