Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Rear axle

Eric Stansfield

Rear axle

Post by Eric Stansfield »

SP250 rear axle, complete with hubs, discs, foot and handbrake callipers, handbrake bell crank and rods, brake pads to handbrake and footbrake callipers.
The differential is good and runs quietly, the discs are virtually new and the pads are as new. Overall the unit is good. £1750. I am available most times on 07931 357630.

Josef Eckert

Re: Rear axle

Post by Josef Eckert »

Sold to me.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

Sounds like you got a bargain. Well done Eric for letting it go to, what I hope is, a good home at a reasonable price.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

silverdart

Post by silverdart »

Sounds like a real bargain to me. I have just spent about £1000 on internal parts to rebuild an axle myself.
Also, I understand that rear brake calipers are extremely rare if they are required.

Dave.

Josef Eckert

Post by Josef Eckert »

I was searching for more than 2 years for an early rear axle for my SP250, Chassis 100028. I am extremely happy and I hope I have the axle in my hands very soon. I have got my car with a Triumph TR3 differential fitted between the axle casing tubes. A piece of art, done by a talented American welder. Only the modified half shafts were not strong enough. The car is in the paintshop already. A lot of work was needed to get the body right. There are all the original parts with the car anx it will be restored to very original specs. Russ Carpender could save me the engine and its got its original crankshaft seals as fitted by the factory, front and rear with all the shortcomings. But I like it this way.

Josef Eckert
Königswinter/ Germany