Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP 252

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

SP 252

Post by A.N.Other »

I read in Classic Car Weekly this week that the SP 252 is up for sale. No asking price just a contact name and number. I mentioned it to the wife and just got a very stern look.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: SP 252

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Well, there's an opportunity! The only SP252 extant is chassis number 100005 Registered LHP 307F.
Capture2.JPG
The last I heard, the current owner was Laurence Jones. The car is not listed at the moment on the Daimler SP250 Owners website. If the car is for sale I'm guessing a significant price will be asked!
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Big Col wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:56 pm I read in Classic Car Weekly this week that the SP 252 is up for sale. No asking price just a contact name and number. I mentioned it to the wife and just got a very stern look.
Sell everything and buy it. :D

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

I must admit I do like the styling. It has shades of MGB but yet reminds me of Aston Martin.
IF is a big word but I feel sure that Jaguar could of made a lovely car with a little development.
The colour suits the car well.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Laurence no longer owns the car and I’ve seen the current owner believes it to be a unique piece of motoring history worth a six figure sum.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

It's such a rare car that I would like to see a DLOC member buy it, to keep it in the family, as it were.
I don't imagine that the Jaguar Heritage Trust has the money available.
I would buy it if I could find somewhere else locally to store it in dry conditions. I only have one garage and a small driveway and I prefer to keep the 17th RHD SP250 bodied car that I first owned in 1968.
I like the styling of the SP252, it has smooth lines but it looks too much like other cars, including the MGB but I would buy it. The SP250 Dart has an unusual style that stands out in a crowd but I think the SP252 might be overlooked.
Photo-SP-8j.jpg
Photo from SP250 Owners' Club

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

It would make sense for you to buy it and I'll keep it in a nice dry garage in Arizona for you. :D

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

The six figure sum doesn’t bother you John?
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

grahamemmett wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:04 pm The six figure sum doesn’t bother you John?
Of course not :D I would love a trip to Arizona every week to admire it.
Seriously, as the only one, it should be carefully protected and available to view either in a museum and/or at shows.
Bottom left corner, buy the January edition before it gets removed from sale.
0000.jpg

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

As the car was not posted on https://daimlersp250dartownersclub.com/for-sale-wanted/ I'm sure Laurence would have had a list of potential buyers before even offering it for sale. It is truly a very nice looking car, it and with the 4.5 liter engine option would have been an increasing car for the times.

I wonder if due to it being a one of, exposure at the Barrett Jackson Auction would have done the car value justice, they auction tour [3 different very large auction houses] are in full swing in Phoenix.

Was able to order a digital copy of the magazine for $1.99.