Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Captive nuts under front seats

KV8

Captive nuts under front seats

Post by KV8 »

As at present I have the rear carpets out of the car (V8 Saloon) I noticed 2 captive nuts on small pillars under the front seats. Reading another recent thread on here in that mentions the rear heating fitted to Jaguar MK2's - are these the redundant mounting points for the rear vents? Or what?
Thanks
H

KV8

Re: Captive nuts under front seats

Post by KV8 »

Found four more! ??
Didn't notice that there are four more of these identical captive nuts. These are mounted very close to the rear seat front support and are as close as possible to the transmission tunnel on one side and the door frame on the other.
Have now therefore discounted redundant Jag MK2 rear heating vent mountings.
So what are they for? These look "original" rather than aftermarket add ons.
Any thoughts or info on what these might be for?
TiA

H

lioneleast

Post by lioneleast »

I think you are referring to the studs which hold the fitted carpets down. There are 6 on each front carpet and 4 on the rear carpets as you say. The studs are brass with black plastic covers and they press into the receivers welded to the floor. The under felt has holes cut round the receivers. Hope this helps.

Lionel

KV8

Post by KV8 »

Thanks Yes unfortunately my carpets do not have these studs.
May think about some new ones soon.
Regards
H