Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Dart hood

Andy Middleditch

Dart hood

Post by Andy Middleditch »

Hi,
I've got the Dart's new hood almost fitted but I don't want to let it down by messing up on the last hurdle. Has anyone got some tips on a neat way to wrap and glue the tabs around the rear hood frame crossbar? A photo would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy Middleditch
Attachments
image.jpeg
Regards,
Andy Middleditch

'B' spec Dart.

Andy Middleditch

Re: Dart hood

Post by Andy Middleditch »

Can anyone help me out with a quick photo?

I'm wondering if there's another way of doing this than messy old glue, any ideas?

Regards,
Andy Middleditch.
Regards,
Andy Middleditch

'B' spec Dart.

Kbeal

Post by Kbeal »

Not something I've done before - how about contacting one of the trimming companies - they might share a tip.

Kevin

Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Hi Andy,
I'm sure you know that what you need to produce is a tube that is free to rotate around the rear frame cross-member. This is done using glue to stick one of the flaps over the other, and I don't remember any difficulty when I did mine several years ago. An instant or quick-setting glue may prevent the first glued section from coming apart while you are working on the rest. Large bulldog clips or some type of clamps may help, but be careful there is not an excess of glue that could be squeezed out by the clips/clamps and contact the cross-member.
For neater appearance, glue the front-facing flap over the rear-facing one so its cut edge is at the rear and unseen.
I hope this is helpful. If it is not, of what do you need picture? The finished results can be seen in a couple of the photos in the 'Soft-top folding' article which you have, but if you need pictures of the process in action, I'm sorry that I have none of that.
Wilf,
SP250 104008, Herefordshire.

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Andy

I used press studs on the hood before the current one, but I glued the current one because it is a little neater, in the way that Wilf recommends.

Cheers

Geoff