Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Sp250 bare chassis value?

pjbowman

Sp250 bare chassis value?

Post by pjbowman »

Any idea what a fair price might be for an undamaged, rust-free SP250 bare chassis?
Peter B.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Sp250 bare chassis value?

Post by Sydsmith »

The cheeky answer is as much as you can get if you are selling and as little as you have to pay if you are a buyer.

They don't come up often and apart from accident damage there are not many reasons why anyone would not repair an original and there is not a lot on an SP chassis that cannot be repaired, I suspect most of us would prefer to keep the original chassis.

Assuming you mean to sell one I would say as there is not likely to be a big market and if you want a guess, I would say around £1,500 and a listing in the DLOC magazine or on fleabay would be good options to sell it.

Out of interest what has happened to the rest of the car? Syd

Sorry just realised you are in the USA, but my opinion is the same except in $

Bud

Post by Bud »

When my car was transformed back in '99, I left the chassis at the yard for safe keeping until I could transport it home.
Some unsupervised grounds cleaning resulted in it being cut up and scrapped at the same time David Manners had a '63 complete rolling frame, wo/ko's or w/w's as mine had, listed in Hemming's Motor News for L4995.00.
The memory still haunts me.

pjbowman

Post by pjbowman »

I was actually looking for a new rear axle to replace the damaged Condition 1 axle on my B spec, and found this gent locally. He had stripped his car apart in order to do a restoration, and had stored the body/interior in one of his barns, and the chassis/mechanicals in another. Unfortunately the one barn with the body burned down. I was actually only after the Condition 2 axle as a replacement, but he didn't want to separate from the other parts, so I had to buy everything. So I now have a chassis from a C-spec car, along with the k/o hubs and a variety of other miscellaneous parts. I've considered just hanging on to it all and continue looking for maybe a car that has been sitting knee-deep in a field someplace with a chassis too far gone to restore, but could use the space in the garage.
Peter B.