Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Dart / MGB window regulator fitting

JimL

Dart / MGB window regulator fitting

Post by JimL »

I was wondering if anyone has adapted a MGB window regulator for use on their dart I believe parts are compatible?
My passenger side regulator had seen better days as the gear teeth on both gears had had it.
D.M.G only offer the regulators inn pairs and don't need the drivers side one as I recently replaced the large gear on the drivers side regulator and its working well.
I'm quite happy with making the necessary modes to a MGB window regulator, I'm curious to find out if anyone here has went this route?
I note that MGB regulators appear cheap to buy on e Bay and from the pictures shown there the condition of most looks good.
Thanks.

rogerharrop

Re: Dart / MGB window regulator fitting

Post by rogerharrop »

I recently got just the gear from Barry Thorne for my passenger side and fitted it in the regulator. Works perfectly.

Roger

JimL

Post by JimL »

Hi Roger,
I did the same as you on the drivers side however on the passenger side regulator the small drive gear has has unfortunately had its day.
Keen to go the MGB regulator route as MGB regulators are apparently plentiful.

JimL

Post by JimL »

Looking deeper into the window regulator replacement possibly the Mk2 Jag/Daimler rear regulator may be a better option than the MGB one? Again has anyone went this route?

Ian Slade
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Ian Slade »

You just change the arms on the MGB version
Owner since the 70's, Genghis is slightly to my left.

JimL

Post by JimL »

Ian, Would you happen to know if there is more to do with the jaguar Mk2 rear window regulator than simply changing the arms?
Thanks, Jim

Ian Slade
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Ian Slade »

Never looked at the Mk2 when I did it the MGB was in plentiful supply and cheap. The MGB had the same base plate dimensions as the SP so it was a no brainer

John Chatfield

Post by John Chatfield »

would the coil spring be the same on the MGB please? my drivers side had its spring and an arm liberated by a previous owner who put it all back together as if nothing was missing.

Ian Slade
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Ian Slade »

It was a long time ago, but I think the coil spring was either the same or similar, the windows are of a similar size so as it would make very little difference.

NeilB

Post by NeilB »

A couple of years ago Robert Grinter had a batch of regulators manufactured to match the originals. He may still have a few.