Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Painting of engine bay

99B

Painting of engine bay

Post by 99B »

Hello,
I am currently removing the engine and gearbox for some works however, whilst the engine is out i want to paint the engine bay. The car is coloured in, Old English White (1964). The engine bay is painted at the moment, half white (top half) and half black (bottom half) As far as my limited knowledge goes, this is not correct? Should the bay be painted wholly white and have a textured coating first?
Thanks.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Painting of engine bay

Post by Sydsmith »

Pail, all four cars I have owned in the past and my current car have had body coloured engine bays top to bottom with no textured coating, but if that is wrong someone here will soon put me/us right :D Syd

lioneleast

Post by lioneleast »

My car has original paint and is body colour from top to bottom. However it is not smooth and does have a gritty texture.

Regards,

Lionel

99B

Post by 99B »

Thank you both for your information. Now the engine is out i may as well have it painted OEW the same as the car.

99B

Post by 99B »

Thank you both for your information. Now the engine is out i may as well have it painted OEW the same as the car.