Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Sonus

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Sonus

Post by daimlersteve »

So's not to clutter the sub forum topic , I'll just say here --- good on Sonus for collating the topic of performance Sp info. Well done
Regards to all Steve . ps , am about to try a pair of HIF7 Carbs on the dyno --- later this week i hope .

Sonus

Re: Sonus

Post by Sonus »

Thanks, it makes it a bit easier finding usefull threads of those thinking of tuning their engines. Sadly my build hasbeen stalled for some time but hooe to get going again soon 👍

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

Dyno booked for next wed . going well.

Feathers

Post by Feathers »

daimlersteve wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:33 am Dyno booked for next wed . going well.
Are you boring out the intake to 1 7/8” to accept the HIF7?
I have a pair of hd8’s I want to try but I’m afraid of boring into the water jacket, looks pretty thin. I was going to try a tapered mill, wondering if anyone has done it yet.

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

In this case -- a custom manifold -- Tubular but bonded into the org. alloy center piece , no problem with making the inlet size bigger.
I fitted up a pair of hs8s to the manifold but the bonnet fouled the tops. The HIF carbs are much smaller and tidier than the hd/hs8s
Not a problem with a standard SP but this chassis and dropped floor has the total car 35mm lower . Combine this with the std. placing of the sump level with the bottom of the chassis and we have a clearance problem unique to this car. Have had to make Phenolic wedges to bring the tops down just clear of the bonnet inside .

All good fun ,
Steve

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

Ps , if the Mtr. is std . there's no advantage in going to 8s
steve