Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

window washer

pflanaga

window washer

Post by pflanaga »

What does the window washer unit in front of the windshield look like. I took it off so long ago I cannot remember. Here is the picture of the housing and what i think is the spray nozzle. is the spray nozzle wrong? I am having trouble attaching a picture but I will try.
Attachments
IMG_0470.jpg

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: window washer

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

What you have appears correct. The 'ball' of the unit is trapped between the chromed cover and a backing plate (which you may have but is not shown in your picture). A rubber gasket goes under this assembly before screwing it to the body. The actual knurled jet body is screwed into the ball unit and orientated correctly by moving the ball before tightening the screws.

This extract from the Parts Catalogue shows the assembly (not very clearly) as Item 27.
Capture.JPG
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

NeilB

Re: window washer

Post by NeilB »

Hi, The picture below shows the backing plate.
Attachments
P1050300.JPG