Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Heritage certificate

Stevesv8250

Heritage certificate

Post by Stevesv8250 »

Hi all,
Have been thinking about getting a HC for my 250V8, what are peoples thoughts on them and are they worth the 50 quid cost?
My car came with no history whatsoever so will one help me with that? also I see that on the application form they are asking for a lot of info that I thought I'd be getting from them I.e, engine no, body no, date first registered etc.
My car went abroad at some time so I don't know if the engine has been changed although I was told the gearbox was reconditioned.
What do you think?

Kbeal

Re: Heritage certificate

Post by Kbeal »

It's a 2 way information gathering process and they need to cross reference the build records which I gather are not always accurate, being manually compiled. For example I understand that my SP has the same body number as another SP.

What you will get is a record of the body, engine and gearbox numbers that were originally fitted to your chassis along with the original colour, the date of factory dispatch and the name of the dealer it went to. Is it worth £50? Thats for you to decide, but it could be a starting point if you wanted to research the history of your car.

Kevin

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

Do you know if the registration number is original to the car? Have you tried looking for the original local authority register? The Kithead Trust website is a good place to start. You should be able to see if the records still exist and where they are stored. Good luck, Ranald

Christopher Storey
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Christopher Storey »

You will NOT get from Jaguar heritage any significant information which you don't already have, except - in some cases - the distributor/dealer who sold the car when new, and occasionally the first owner . What you have to do is to furnish JH with the numbers, engine, body, gearbox etc which you have , and they will either confirm those as the original numbers, or else state " engine not original" or words to that effect. Thus , for £50 you do not get very much fresh info, and to be honest I think the certs have become a bit of a rip-off

I should state that the JH stance is from the best of motives i.e. to stop people cloning cars with false engine numbers etc, but they do not really help legitimate owners very much

Stevesv8250

Post by Stevesv8250 »

Thanks for replys,
Is there a register of cars on here?

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Stevesv8250 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:53 am Thanks for replys,
Is there a register of cars on here?
The Club registrar for V8 saloons is Richard Long, username classiclife and he has a register, but he may ask if you are a Club member or not.! :shock:

DR450USA

Post by DR450USA »

I agree with Christopher Storey, as I have purchased 2 certificates, the one being mostly blank. Doug