Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Parts cross reference

rkhmarin

Parts cross reference

Post by rkhmarin »

It would be nice to have parts cross reference guid for sp250. Start with bigger components like transmission, driveshaft etc. and then have it broken into smaller parts if there no complete match. Such as trunnions, wheel bearing, seals, grommets and so on.
I so one compiled some time ago. Would be nice to have everyone contribute their findings.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: Parts cross reference

Post by grahamemmett »

Do you mean something like a list of alternative parts which substitute the originals? With supplier details maybe?
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Ian Slade
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Ian Slade »

There certainly was a list made up years ago, however whether it has been updated and where it is now i have no idea, Barry Thorne certainly had a list as will the DMG but may not publish it as may affect their profits.
TR3 trunions fit but have a shorter internal thread than original, as will most of the front suspension except the vertical link
Door handles are Rover P5 I think or Reliant Regal, see Trotters three wheeler.
The gear box first motion gears are TR3 but must be changed as a pair i.e 1st and 2nd, 3rd and 4th as the synchro dog teeth are a few thou larger and jam in the synchro ring.
The rear axle is common to many cars up until the 80's the main difference is the length of the tubes and end fitting for the brake caliper, crown wheel and pinion of the preferred ratio and standard are available, hubs are common to many sports cars of the era for wire wheels steel wheels may be more problematic as PCD and number of studs vary.
Wheels, there is a plethora of wire wheels available from 4.5J to whatever you want from AH, Morgan, Aston Martin, Triumph and even Ferrari Borrani alloy rim chromed spoke versions. Steel wheels may be more difficult as I believe the SP wheels are of limited production, possibly some of the specials in the era used them but TR wheels will fit but may not take either of the hub caps.
MGB window winders can be modified by fitting the SP arms to the winding plate
There may be others I have forgotten
Last edited by Ian Slade on Sat May 01, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner since the 70's, Genghis is slightly to my left.

SPortsman

Post by SPortsman »

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

That'll do..... as they say in Yorkshire.

Who did it, who maintains it?
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

This is on Daimlan - part of Jag lovers and I think relates to the SP250.

http://www.jag-lovers.org/saloons/daimlan/parts.pdf

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!