Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler 250 V8 saloon engine welch plugs

DickSpeedy

Daimler 250 V8 saloon engine welch plugs

Post by DickSpeedy »

Having rebuilt my 250 V8 and started it the welch plugs on the induction (inlet) manifold are leaking. The measure 3/4 inch. Does anyone know where I might be able to obtain a new set. There are two required.

Thanks,
Dick

wejxf03

Re: Daimler 250 V8 saloon engine welch plugs

Post by wejxf03 »

I got a complete set from Manners for my Dart quite a while ago.
They're still in the glovebox "just in case".
John Foskett
Kent UK
SP250 B spec.

buckfield

Post by buckfield »

Hi, the kit you get from the suppliers comes without the inlet manifold plugs, look on ebay, I think Russ Carpenter uses turned down aluminium blanks on the inlet manifold in his rebuilt engines so maybe that is the better option. all the best Tony

DickSpeedy

Post by DickSpeedy »

Thanks for the input. David Manners doesn't supply the inlet manifold welsh plugs. It appears that not all 250 motors have manifolds with these plugs. However, the Majestic Major 4.5 motor does. I think I will try my hand at turning a couple of aluminium washers.