Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

V8 250 - 1968 - Quarter light question

sidfish

V8 250 - 1968 - Quarter light question

Post by sidfish »

Hi - I have been looking for a replacement driver-side quarter light clasp (or a replacement quarter light) as my quarter light clasp appears to be missing a rubber wash / ring and a securing pin. Hence if I open the quarter light, the clasp will fall off. However ... while I have had little luck finding the rubber washer and securing pin, I have found complete quarter lights with a completely different clasp.

Namely: both of my quarter light clasps are simple things that you only need to turn to open and close. Other clasps I have seen have a button that needs pressing in order to open and close.

Hence my question: does any one know, for a 1968 V8 250, which quarter light would be more appropriate? the one with or without the button on the clasp?

I reckon to change the clasps, I would have to replace the quarter light entirely... which I would rather not do unless the others are more accurate to the year. And in any case, I am still looking for a good solution to secure the clasp so it will not fall out (anyone have a rubber washer and securing pin that would suit?)

Thanks!

sidfish

Re: V8 250 - 1968 - Quarter light question

Post by sidfish »

Here is the photo of the current clasp on the quarter light
Attachments
Unsecured quarter light clasp
Unsecured quarter light clasp

malyn

Post by malyn »

Did you get the answer you neede to this ? My 68 saloon has those clasps on the front quarter-lights; a more elaborate/elegant clasp on the rears. Afraid i have not had to replace any of them.

sidfish

Post by sidfish »

Hi - I think we have the same... And still looking for the solution to securing the clasp. A particularly frustrating little thing ...