Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

programable ign. system for Sp250

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

programable ign. system for Sp250

Post by daimlersteve »

Hi all. has anyone had a system up and running on a daimler v8 ?
steve

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: programable ign. system for Sp250

Post by daimlersteve »

Com'on chaps , someone must have at least looked at this .
steve

Kbeal

Post by Kbeal »

I seem to remember a thread on this on the old forum a good few years ago. Not sure what the outcome was though.

Not much help, but might be worth a trawl if you can get onto the old forum archive

Kevin

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

YES , I RECALL SOMETHING ON THE OLD FORUM BUT AM UNABLE TO GET ON TO IT EITHER.
STEVE

JohnM

Post by JohnM »

Steve,
I'm pretty certain John Minchell (Dart on here) has done this successfully - try PM'ing him if he doesn't respond on the thread?
Cheers,
John M in Middlesex, NW London
1962 SP250 "B" Spec
DLOC Herts Region Sec

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

Thanks John, i had a memory of John doing something but wasn't sure if he completed it . He was talking about individual throttle bodies as well at one point.
Just surfing the us forums and it seems not uncommon for electronic ign. systems to slowly retard as the revs climb. Dial back timing lights suffer the same -- more than 2 deg. in some cases .The difference between a good std. dist. and an electronic pickup is quite an eye opener with "float" in the timing standing out.

steve

Sonus

Post by Sonus »

I am doing a Nodiz system on my Daimler V8.

Got the trigger wheel fitted, sensor bracket made and throttle pot fitted. Only need to have the ecu looked at as it is faulty and I haven't been able to find the time to return it yet.
image.jpg

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

keep up the good work.
steve

Josef Eckert

Post by Josef Eckert »

Steve,
If you want, you can use a 123 Ignition, Rolls Royce type, and fit the driving gear of your original distributer.
Should be easy to adapt. These are fully programmable. Haven´t done it for a SP250, but did it for a TATRA and Chrysler Spitfire engine.

Josef

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Josef

Thanks for this suggestion, the last time I checked there wasn't a 20D8 type distributor available. It is very tempting but I'll need to start putting the pennies away.

Has anyone fitted one of these?

Cheers

Geoff