Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lock dashboard sp250

stmbakker

Lock dashboard sp250

Post by stmbakker »

In a Dutch magazine called Auto & motor klassiek ( in english Cars and Bikes Classic) is an article about the restoration of a sp250. They have all the parts exceptioneel the lock of the dashboard. Who has that part? Best regards Sjoerd Bakker
Attachments
14643827403051424927950.jpg

csm1406

Re: Lock dashboard sp250

Post by csm1406 »

Hi
I have a spare with Key - I can send images if you send your Email . My Email csm1406@a0l.com

Details in passport.

Cameron Murray

Marc Mears

Post by Marc Mears »

I had the same problem - they are the same lock on the Daimler Majestic if you can find one that is being broken up...

there is one on ebay at the mow - but you will have to buy the whole dash!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Daimler-Majes ... SwFL9TuxHx

hope it helps.
Marc
Daimler Dart. Healey 3000 Mk3. VW T2 Camper. BMW 2002tii. 996 Turbo. BMW Z3M. Hillman Tilly. Rolls Royce 20/25. XK 150 ots .BMW 3.0 CSL 73. Sunbeam Alpine Mk3.Morris 8 Tourer. 97 XK8 Convertible.Alfa Romeo Giulietta. Citroen Mehari

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Like Marc, I had a job finding one. Some previous owner of my car had replaced the standard glovebox lid with a polished plank of mahogany - without a catch. Decorative, but not standard and insecure.

In the end I got one from Bryan Purves. It was expensive and needed rechroming, but 'any port in a storm'.
1-P1070349.JPG
It may be worth trying Barry Thorne, Laurence Jones or Bryan to see if they have one - or maybe know of someone who has.

Incidentally if you do find one but it's lacking the striker plate, beautifully made reproductions in stainless steel are available from David Beales
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

It is also found in the Conquest range of models and perhaps even earlier, I haven't checked on the DB18 and Consort range. But even Hooper used one in the Dauphin, so perhaps other Empress models also. That's how they kept the cost down a little!

Cheers

Geoff

Marc Mears

Post by Marc Mears »

if you buy the dash - you get all the bits.... plus a few more
Daimler Dart. Healey 3000 Mk3. VW T2 Camper. BMW 2002tii. 996 Turbo. BMW Z3M. Hillman Tilly. Rolls Royce 20/25. XK 150 ots .BMW 3.0 CSL 73. Sunbeam Alpine Mk3.Morris 8 Tourer. 97 XK8 Convertible.Alfa Romeo Giulietta. Citroen Mehari