Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP250 Harness Clips ?

SP250 Harness Clips ?

Post by #100910 »

I don't believe that I have never seen these clips employed on an LHD Dart, but do see some RHD cars using them to secure harnesses.

Are these related to accessories more commonly fitted in the RHD market, such as Fog Lamps, O/D, A/T ?
metal-clips-comp2.png
metal-clips-comp2.png (264.47 KiB) Viewed 2277 times

klindsell

Re: SP250 Harness Clips ?

Post by klindsell »

Got them all over my 1960 RHD body shell holding the wiring loom in place - engine bay, boot and interior.

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Same in mine for battery cables and the loom. Maybe they didn't fit on LHD bodies in the engine compartment but that seems strange.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Josef Eckert

Post by Josef Eckert »

My SP 250 is an early 59 LHD and the car has two clips in the engine bay, one on the lh side one on the rh side of the bulk head.

JosefE

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

My 1960 Originally LHD car has them in various places all over but mainly in spots that would hold the loom up in boot and engine bay.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

timlewis

Post by timlewis »

My 1961 LHD SP250 also has them in varius places in the engine bay and boot, apparently to hold the wiring harness in place.
Tim Lewis
1961 Daimler SP250
Chassis #100423