Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler EL24 website

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Daimler EL24 website

Post by marchesmark »

I thought I would use my lockdown time to do something I have wanted to do for a while, so I have begun creating a new website for the EL24. The link is:

https://thedaimlerel24.wixsite.com/website

I’d be really grateful for your views and thoughts on it – still early days, and there is lots more I can do with it, especially as I learn better how to set things up. I particularly want to get some more videos on there. Of course if you have material you would like to contribute I would really like to see it on the site!

Mark

classiclife
Classic Wise Man
Classic Wise Man

Re: Daimler EL24 website

Post by classiclife »

Hello Mark,

Just had a look at the EL24 website and have to say it is not only well set-up but has a certain style to it, which complements the marque & model.

From me, a very well done.

I look forward to visiting the site on a regular basis; any interface with BSA / Daimler / Lanchester models is worth viewing and highly interesting IMHO.

Good luck with the development and thanks for sharing.

Best wishes.

Richard.
1968 Daimler V8-250 Saloon
DLOC East Sussex Branch Secretary
DLOC 2.5L V8 & V8-250 Registrar - https://www.dloc.org.uk/v8-250
DLOC 2024 International Rally - https://www.dloc.org.uk/rally-2024

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Mark , well done nice to see some details about the EL24 much better then finding a series of pages under construction , guess the other EL24 owners will add more soon i hope so great effort.
Would be nice to see all models covered let us hope others will follow what you have done while the lock-down lasts.
Peter

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

Thanks both, I appreciate your comments. I'll try and add stuff as I think of it and time allows. It would be nice to do a few runs, but that must wait a while I guess.

Mark

HenryC
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by HenryC »

Hi Mark,

Very stylish website, good choice of content including my car. Loved the old films, those were the days!

Great to have all this information in one place.

Thanks for continuing to promote the EL24.
Cheers, Henry Curwen
Registrar for Conquest & Century Saloons (DJ250/1, DJ256/7, DJ260/1)

Conquest (Drop Head) Coupe DJ252

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Norfolk Lad wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:18 pm ....much better then finding a series of pages under construction......
Would be nice to see all models covered let us hope others will follow what you have done while the lock-down lasts.
The club website is open for all to contribute but sadly only two people have done so. I have written to every Registrar requesting some contribution of content but, apart from the aforementioned two, none have. Each model deserves to be comprehensively covered but the text and photos don’t just create themselves. So please, if you’ve expertise on a particular model - let me have some content for the website.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

Henry, many thanks for your kind comments, I will try to add stuff from time to time to keep it interesting. I've 2 more articles in the pipeline, and ideas for a couple more. And I will add some videos once I have purchased a GoPro and fitting kit, and we are allowed to drive again!

Graham, as we discussed when you visited last, I would be happy to act as unofficial EL24 registrar if that was considered desirable without me joining the Club. I would happily take back the Club files and use them for the purpose, whilst remaining clear that they are DLOC property. You are also welcome to use stuff from my website on the Club website. The more we publicise the EL24, the happier I will be.

Mark

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

Brilliant Mark!
Good to see the sales brochure making a great foundation for the site with all the factual info.
Fifty five years ago on this very day 3rd April 1965 my good wife and I were transported by my uncle
in 1938 Daimler EL24 EXA 771 to our wedding. Iam still working on the restoration of the car which has
been a real experience to date with much more to do.
Very well done with this and I hope to be able to contribute sometime.

Ron.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

The Lanchester LD10 page which has been done by Darren Watkinson is a fine example who is responsible for the LD10 web site.
But unless things have changed the Registrar is Adrian Hanwell.

well done to all who have made the effort.

Peter

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

You are correct Peter, but Darren has done all the work!
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)