Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

What year is my SP?

RadfordJim

What year is my SP?

Post by RadfordJim »

According to the JDHT Production Record, my SP 250 has a date of manufacture shown as 12 July 1960 and was despatched on 9 August 1960.
The original distributor is shown as Daimler & Lanchester Distributors, Leeds but the original dealer and first owner are not shown.
Chassis 101472, Engine 89844, Body 737 0851, Manual transmission (Gearbox number not recorded), Body Colour RED, Trim Colour not recorded and Soft Top Colour not applicable. (These details are not available as, according to Laurence, the first body book has been mislaid. Body details after 737 0988 are known).
The V5C shows the date of first registration as 1 March 1961 and the registration number 2620 UM indicates this was in Leeds, although the early registration records (<1978) are not available.
The chassis of my SP is definitely B spec so it was probably returned to the factory for the upgrade between August 1960 and February 1961, but do I describe it as a 1960 or a 1961 car
Jim in Coventry - Home of the Daimler

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: What year is my SP?

Post by simonp »

Jim

I always describe my car as built in 1962 which is was - chassis 104110 - although it was sold by the dealer in 1963.

If your car is built in 1973/74 - it can be worth having DVLA change the build date to the factory build date rather than the sale date if it saves you road tax. I did this to my advantage.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!