Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler Sovereign Left on Road

Nickcut

Daimler Sovereign Left on Road

Post by Nickcut »

Hi all anyone know how many 1966 D Plate Sovereigns left on the road. I only ever seem to see E or F plates at shows or on the road. I brought my 66 car a couple of years back and know it was built October 1966. How reliable are the "How many left" websites. Thanks

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Daimler Sovereign Left on Road

Post by watkindj »

Not very reliable as their information relies on the data from the DVLA and as known what is on the v5c is not always accurate as some sovereigns are listed as Daimler 4.0 auto or Daimler sovereign 4.0 or even Daimler sovereign 4.0 auto for example.
So it makes it very difficult to ascertain how many are left of any particular model as the new XJ Registrar I would be interested in learning more about your car and am more than happy to help you answer the question.
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Quite interesting. I note there are 510 SP250s licensed and 51 Majestic Majors.
But what car is the "Daimler Missing"? I don't recall ever seeing that model but there are apparently 2.4k of them licensed. Apparently there is also a "Jensen Missing", a "Jaguar Missing" (6.3k of those) and even a few "Jaguar Land Rover Missing", whatever they are. It must have been a really popular model because there are an awful lot of Missings. Every manufacturer seems to have some of them, there is even a BRA Missing. Maybe though that was a BRABUS and someone lost the BUS.