Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

EL24 Differential Drain Plug

ron.rsp

EL24 Differential Drain Plug

Post by ron.rsp »

Can anyone advise me if replacement differential brass drain plugs are available for EL24?

Ron.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Re: EL24 Differential Drain Plug

Post by A.N.Other »

I don’t know what they look like but for BSP fitting which things like that generally are then try a good plumbers merchant or a branch os BSS.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

Thanks for that Colin, I thought that I was going to have to be brutal with it as it would not move.
The brass head of the nut was rather worn and my socket kept slipping off, however success tonight.
After wedging socket against axle stand with a wood block to keep it on the nut then using a clamp
hooked to the axle stand and handle of socket I wound it up a little and got some movement, enough
to then work off by hand!

Ron.

JedFurneaux

Post by JedFurneaux »

I wonder if you could get someone with a lathe to reduce the old hexagon to a circular stump then bore out a suitably sized brass nut to fit the stump. Join together with hard soldering?

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

Are they anything like the sump plug for the DB18?
Attachments
WP_20160521_001.jpg

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

Thanks for the suggestions, I have now been able to remove and it is still useable!
Similar to sump plug Marcel but 5/8th" head the sump one is 7/16".

Ron