Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

New Book - Help Needed

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: New Book - Help Needed

Post by Salmons »

I think wherever possible use photgraphs of cars with original finish and interiors.

Bonzodog

Post by Bonzodog »

First of all, thanks for the interest so far.

At about £15 the book will probably be at the other end of the food chain from Mr Smith's production so I think there will be room for both of us.

The publisher has given me quite a lot of info on acceptable file sizes and specs for images. In simple terms they can handle images as JPEGs (which is what most people's cameras will produce by default) or TIFFs and photographs should be taken at the highest megapixel setting available. Oh, and don't use the digital zoom - if you need a bigger photo of something, stand closer.... Looking at their spec I would say Trevor's photos, for example, look fine.

At this stage I am trying to get an idea of who has what and where. The detail of whether I will take the photos or the owner (and to what standard) will come when I actually have a commission from the publisher.

One associated query I have concerns Daimler promotional material, eg brochures and press adverts. Does anyone know what the copyright position is with these? I suppose the JDHT would know?

Richard

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

That, Trevor, is an absolutely fabulous example. I've not seen one finer.
I'll hold that up as my 'Exemplar' while looking at my own sorry example.

Perhaps we need a specific DB18 section on the forum?

Graham
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

image.jpeg
Previously, this was my favourite.
(Sorry to be off topic!)
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Johnsson

Post by Johnsson »

Thanks for your kind words Graham.

Trevor

Beat Weibel

Post by Beat Weibel »

I could contribute Pictures of a Daimler Conquest Century New DHC and of Daimler Sovereign 420.
BR
Beat

Bonzodog

Post by Bonzodog »

Hello Again

Thank you Beat for your kind offer. The book I have proposed will cover post-war models up to 1960 so photos of the New DHC will certainly be very welcome.

I should be hearing from the publisher tomorrow confirming whether they want to go ahead with the book as I have proposed it. If it is going ahead I will contact people who have offered cars/photos to get the ball rolling.

Richard

Mark Bullen

Post by Mark Bullen »

I've got a brown over beige DB18 (1950) and I'm based in Wiltshire if you would like to photograph.