Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Help possibly needed

swcoulthurst

Help possibly needed

Post by swcoulthurst »

Hi Guys. As you may remember I was seeking parts and I had response from a few members which was greatly appreciated. However the car I was looking at didn't materialise and I was then looking at the OLD BEAST as it was described by 'theoldman'. I am negotiating a price on this one. Rough but pretty much complete. If I do decide to go ahead I am probably going to need a great deal of help and guidance, hopefully I can count on you all.

First question. Is there anyone reasonably local to me with a conquet century that I could look at ? I live in Rochdale.

Second question. Should there be an inner wing at the front ? When I open the bonnet I see the engine etc and the wheels (no inner wings )

Thanks Guys in advance

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Help possibly needed

Post by theoldman »

Ye s, Stuart, it should have inner wings.

Neil
Normal for Norfolk

swcoulthurst

Post by swcoulthurst »

Well b****r me. That's going to be fun isn't it

Pendle

Post by Pendle »

Stuart,

Unfortunately the inner wings are a fairly complex shape so they would be hard to fabricate. They are also quite prone to rust at the front corners. Your best bet would likely be to get a pair (or remains thereof) from a car which is being broken. John Nash (Daimler Enthusiasts Club) might be able to find you a pair.
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports

swcoulthurst

Post by swcoulthurst »

Thanks a lot Neil and Chris. Will try John Nash. The inner wings are the only thing holding me back at the moment. Am going to start a new post asking about the wings or car for breaking just in-case anyone else can help who's not looking at this post.

Cheers again
Stuart