Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Fuel Filler Pipe EL24

ron.rsp

Fuel Filler Pipe EL24

Post by ron.rsp »

Can anyone advise me re fuel filler pipe connection to the fuel tank, does the pipe leading into the tank go inside the the short
pipe that comes out of the tank or is it just a loose butt together fit with the short rubber tube making it sealed with the clips.
With the two pipes butted together I have too much extension on the outside of the body so it would be a much better fit if the
two pipes slotted into each other, they both look to be the same size the and not looking like they would fit into each other.
It would be good to know before I try too much force to slot into each other which I think would be the way. Any advice would
be appreciated.

Ron.

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Fuel Filler Pipe EL24

Post by NickDeAth »

Not knowing the EL24 but having seen many fuel filler pipes I would guess you should have a short piece of rubber tube that fits over the pipes held there with jubilee clips. Before you force anything I would wait for an answer from someone who knows the EL24.

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

Hi Ron,

I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can get you a couple of photos.

Mark

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

Yes Nick exactly what I have but knowing whether one pipe should slip into the other is the unknown, my guess is that they should
with the outside pipe fitting into the short one on the tank and the rubber pipe secured by the jubilee clips. The filler cap would
then be the right distance from the body once a new rubber seal was in place.

Thanks Mark would be fine if you could.

Ron.

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Peter Grant »

Gentlemen,
Certainly with both the Special Sports and the DE 36 the fuel filler pipe is connected to the stub from the fuel tank with a rubber pipe and two hose clamps.
On my E4 the rubber grommet surrounding the filler pipe as it entered the bodywork was old but the filler pipe opening was proud of the grommet by perhaps a centimetre or two.
Cheers
Peter Grant

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

Sorry it's taken a while, hope these are useful. The 2 stubs are connected by a rubber pipe which fits over them, not into the lower one (there would be no way of securing it). Top and bottom connections shown. The filler cap does sit about 2cm proud of the bodywork.

Mark
020.JPG
012.JPG
024.JPG
003.JPG

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

Mark thank you for taking the trouble to post pics, I should have said it was Limo Daimler body which is a different set-up from your car.

Some pics of my pipes which should help anyone see what I have, I suspect that the long outer pipe should slip into
the short one on the tank then it would sort out the space I have between cap and body, any thoughts welcome.

Ron.
Attachments
filler pipe butted on to inner pipe
filler pipe butted on to inner pipe
short pipe on tank
short pipe on tank
tank with joining rubber pipe
tank with joining rubber pipe
outer pipe
outer pipe

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

Pics with filler cap position.

Ron.
Attachments
Filler Cap 2
Filler Cap 2
Filler cap 1
Filler cap 1

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

Ron, if you fit one pipe into the other, how will you secure it? Can you not trim the pipe to ensure you get the clearance to the body you want?

Mark

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

you will need the flexible joint as the body moves
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk