Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

"Conquest " Badge

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

"Conquest " Badge

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chaps, as some of you will know,I am on holiday in Perth Wa , I was stopped in a traffic que and noticed that the car in front of my was a Toyota Camry , nothing strange about that you may say ,but on the opposite side of the tailgate it was badged as a " Conquest" in a very nice script.
Has anyone else out there noticed this badge, and perhaps, if someone needed such a badge, then this could be a good cheap source.
Just a thought.......

Best wishes, A'l

Crossley Stephenson

Re: "Conquest " Badge

Post by Crossley Stephenson »

Hi Al,

I've been waiting to see if anyone else responded. It it seems they are not going to. As you are in Perth, WA you may come across Tom Saggers who has a very nice collection of Daimlers. On one of Tom's cars a new Drophead Coupe or a Conquest Roadster (he has both) sports the very script of which you speak; from a Toyota Camry! Hope you catch up with him.

On one of your trips why don't you come over to the East ?

Cheers,
Michael

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

Rear Camry.png
Rear Camry.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 1573 times
as you say A'l very nice
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Darren & Michael, great to hear from you both, and well done to Darren for supplying that photo. It did seem an opportunity for some of our Daimler " Conquest" owners to be able to get a nice badge that looks absolutely "Right" .
I have no idea if they originally carried a " Conquest" script but it was just a thought, in case they did and were irreplaceable ordinarily.

Best wishes from " Down Under" A'l

Ps , I have visited Tom on many occasions, but I know that he had been on holiday in New Zealand , I have also been very busy whilst on "Holiday !! " over here , as my Son had just moved into another house,and so poor old dad has been doing lots of decorating , Hedge & Grass cutting , and a whole plethora of jobs that need doing , but I have also enjoyed using his swimming pool!! A'l