Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1966 Daimler Majestic Major PSR 727

Marcus

Re: 1966 Daimler Majestic Major PSR 727

Post by Marcus »

Thanks for that - I did email them a while ago but did not get a reply. The log book is stamped with West Sussex County Council so I wonder if it was transferred there? I guess this one is going to be hard to resolve.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

resized log book.jpg
Here is a copy

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Hi all,

Its been nearly a year since I posted anything on the search for information that would help me prove that the registration PSR 727 was issued to this car. In that time I have had some interesting correspondence with the records office of Glamis Castle, who confirmed that the registration number was in their records but assigned to a Jaguar of earlier vintage. I have also been in contact with Scottish authorities mentioned in previous postings but they were not able to help as they said they didn't have records.

The copy of the log book I posted on this forum is stamped by West Sussex County Council. Does any member know what happened to this council's records when the DVLA was formed? I wonder if the registration was transferred from an older vehicle (possibly the Jaguar) whilst the car was in West Sussex.

Any advice gratefuly received.

Thanks

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by watkindj »

Marcus wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:37 pm Hi all,

Its been nearly a year since I posted anything on the search for information that would help me prove that the registration PSR 727 was issued to this car. In that time I have had some interesting correspondence with the records office of Glamis Castle, who confirmed that the registration number was in their records but assigned to a Jaguar of earlier vintage. I have also been in contact with Scottish authorities mentioned in previous postings but they were not able to help as they said they didn't have records.

The copy of the log book I posted on this forum is stamped by West Sussex County Council. Does any member know what happened to this council's records when the DVLA was formed? I wonder if the registration was transferred from an older vehicle (possibly the Jaguar) whilst the car was in West Sussex.

Any advice gratefuly received.

Thanks
I believe according to "How to trace the history of your car by Philip Riden" (1991) that the Sussex records as a whole, East, West etc are all now at

East Sussex Record Office Browse repositories
The Keep
Woollards Way
Brighton
England
BN1 9BP

Telephone: 01273 482 349

Email: thekeep@eastsussex.gov.uk

Open: Tuesday 9.30-5; Wednesday 10-5; Thursday-Friday 9.30-5; Saturday 9.30-4

Closed: Mondays

Wheelchair access
Proof of identity required

If readers wish to consult archival material, they must register via The Keep's website and can then book a seat in the Reading Room and order documents in advance. Registration is not needed for using electoral registers, directories and similar resources and facilities in the Reference Room. Please see their website for more information

Below are some of the records they hold

VEH/1 East Sussex: AP registrations 1903-1974

VEH/2 Hastings CB: DY registrations 1903-1974

VEH/3 East Sussex: NJ registrations 1933-1976

VEH/4 East Sussex: PM registrations 1923-1976

VEH/5 East Sussex: PN registrations 1927-1974

VEH/6 East Sussex: Trade Plate Registers 1935-1949

VEH/7 East Sussex: Register of driving licences 1904

VEH/8 Hastings CB: Register of licences 1904-1932

VEH/9 Brighton CB: CD registrations 1904-1977

VEH/10 Brighton CB: UF registrations 1925-1978

VEH/11 Brighton CB: Register of driving licences 1904-1919

VEH/12 Brighton CB: Register of disabled driving licences 1920s-30s

VEH/13 Eastbourne CB: HC registrations 1927-1974

VEH/14 Eastbourne CB: JK registrations 1928-1974

Date: 1903-1977

hope this helps
Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Thanks Darren,

I will drop them a line to see if they can help me with my research. Hopefully they will have some good news!

Cheers

Marcus