Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1966 Daimler Majestic Major PSR 727

Marcus

1966 Daimler Majestic Major PSR 727

Post by Marcus »

Hi,

I'm acquiring the above vehicle which has been in a dry storage since the 1980's. Its in California and cheap enough to warrant spending the USD 1000 to ship it even at today's post brexit exchange rate. I've looked at my chassis records and don't have it listed but wondered if anyone recognized it by it's registration number. I hope the pictures come out. There is a bit of rust in the rear wings ( no surprises there!) but it looks pretty complete and runs well.
[attachm
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
ent=0]4.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
1.jpg

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: 1966 Daimler Majestic Major PSR 727

Post by Chris_R »

I'm so envious.... why can't I ever discover something like that?

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

I suspect PSR is an age related number assigned by DVLA and not the original one.
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Hi all,

I have just received copies of the paperwork that comes with the car. I have tried to attach pictures but get an error message that the file is too large. The old buff log book shows that the car has spent time in East Sussex, and you can just read in the old log book that the owner was issued with petrol coupons in Horsham in 1973. There is an old MOT dating from Oct 1976 showing mileage as 46399, and in August 1987 as 51,526 from the US log book. Given the car has been off the road since the 1980's, I am hoping that the current mileage is approximately the same.
The log book shows that the car was originally all black. The MOT from 1976 suggests that the reg is original. Once I have the original papers I will send them to DVLA and ask what history (if any) that they have for the car.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I hate technology! For some reason I can add additional pics of the car but not the three pics of the paperwork!! Oh well....
Attachments
6.jpg
12.jpg
5.jpg
10.jpg

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Marcus wrote:I hate technology! For some reason I can add additional pics of the car but not the three pics of the paperwork!! Oh well....
Use a photo program (even Paint that is on Windows pcs) to re-save as a smaller px size and therefore a smaller KB size.

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

PSR is a range that was allocated to Angus (originally Forfar) in October 1956. The following sequence RSR was allocated in June 1957 which would suggest that all the PSR numbers had been used up in the 7 or 8 months between the two.
If this is a 1966 car, it was by then compulsory to use the letter suffix which would have been "D" so it should have been a D suffix registration. The codes for 1966 for that area were DSR, ESR and FSR.
Age related registration was not really a thing that was thought about very much in 1976, we have seen a Majestic Major with a 1974 "N" suffix registration because that was when it was re-imported from Jersey and re-registered in the UK. Plus, if it was an age related registration, it should be a "D" suffix.
The other possibility is that PSR 727 was transferred to this car from a previous car.

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Marcus wrote: The log book shows that the car was originally all black. The MOT from 1976 suggests that the reg is original. Once I have the original papers I will send them to DVLA and ask what history (if any) that they have for the car.
Highly unlikely you will get anything. It's been out of the country since long before the computerisation programme, it will not be on the DVLA database, quite possibly PSR 727 will not be on the numbers database either in which case they will not register the car under that number.

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Peter Grant »

The car interior looks very good, congratulations!
I hope that once you wash all the dust off there are no nasty surprises lurking there.
Good luck with the recommissioning.

Phillmore
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Phillmore »

True *SR numbers were originally Scottish but DVLA also used "surplus" numbers from this region to allocate for age related purposes or if the original number was sold by the owner. What is the reg on the buff logbook?
Andy

1954 Conquest Mk1, 1956 Conquest Mk2, 1957 Conquest Century Mk2, 1955 Austin A90 Westminster