Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Conquest Temp Gauge

swcoulthurst

Conquest Temp Gauge

Post by swcoulthurst »

Hope nobody minds me asking all these questions, but I bow to greater knowledge..

The temp gauge on the dash on a 1954 Conquest Century MK1, is it electric or does it have a phail. The one in mine is black and all the rest are magnolia. Ive seen a Smiths gauge in magnolia with or without a sensor but only any good if the original is electric.

Thank You
Stuart

Pendle

Re: Conquest Temp Gauge

Post by Pendle »

The temperature gauge is mechanical with a capilliary tube and bulb (ie, not electric). In addition to the Smiths electric gauge, there is also a Smiths mechanical/capilliary tube gauge available in the correct size with a magnolia face.

One of my MK1 cars also suffers from a mismatched temperature gauge. I have been hoping to find a working magnolia faced AC gauge to match, but so far i have been unsuccessful. I expect that sooner or later I will acquire a Smiths magnolia gauge.
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports

Db n j
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Conquest Temp Gauge

Post by Db n j »

If you have the correct ac unit, send it to richfield or speedy cables. They refurb with new tube and fitting for the thermostat housing. Comes back like new.