Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DJ range wheel PCD

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

DJ range wheel PCD

Post by Fossil »

Hi Everybody

A simple question perhaps? What is the pitch circle diameter of a Conquest/Century hub/wheel? Is it identical to the Land Rover 5 x 165? My inexact attempt at measuring it directly is 5 x 162, but the 3mm difference might well be down to my "intention tremor" or hand shake.

Also, what is the hub bolt thread spec?

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Cheers

Geoff

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: DJ range wheel PCD

Post by New Dexter »

Land Rovers are 5 x 5/8" @ 6 1/2" PCD.

The best way to calculate a PCD is to measure the distance from the centre of the stud hole to the edge of the centre hole, write it down and double it. Then measure the diameter of the central hole and add it to the first figure.
I would suspect that the PCD which is 162mm is probably 6" PCD unless Daimler had one that was particular to their cars!

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Hi ND

Thanks for your suggestions. At the back of my mind I have the thought that it is the same as the 5 x 165 mm Land Rovers, in other words LR wheels fit a Conquest and vice versa.

I measured the approx hub cap centre to hub stud centre distance and doubled that, but I'll also try the method you suggest and see what it comes to.

Cheers

Geoff

theoldman
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by theoldman »

Geoff,

Don't forget the Conquest (strict) and Century wheels are quite different.

Neil
Normal for Norfolk

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

Neil

Thank you. Yes I know the wheels are different, mainly with regard to the wider Century brake drums - Century wheels will fit a Conquest but not vice versa I think. That doesn't affect my query about PCD.

Cheers

Geoff