Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Control Head Assembly for DB18

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Control Head Assembly for DB18

Post by Culbu »

Hello,

The Control Head Assembly (horn push button and turn signal lever) has to be changed on the DB18. I found one on Limora website (my main parts supplier). Should I order one for adjustable wheel or not ?

Thanks,

Julian

PS : LIMORA part number 20853 or 19245...

Pendle

Re: Control Head Assembly for DB18

Post by Pendle »

Julian,

In the photo you posted regarding gear change lever, the clamp for the adjustable steering column is visible. You should therefore order the control head to suit an adjustable column.
Chris Young
1954 DJ 250
1954 DJ 252
1957 DJ 254
1952 DB18 Special Sports

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Culbu »

Hi Pendle,

You're right ! That's what I tough but I prefer looking for a stupid person to ordering the wrong part !

Thank you

Julian

qantasqf1

Post by qantasqf1 »

Julian, they can be repaired and a replacement will be expensive even if one is available. Looking at the photo on your gearbox post the control head you have is the early DB18 type which has the rectangular horn push. I don't think this type is illustrated on the Limora website so I assume it's not available. This earlier type was replaced during the DB18 production run by a later type with the circular horn push and a different chrome plated indicator lever. This later type is illustrated on the Limora website, but even so it may well be different in detail from the DB18 control head, and if so it probably won't fit. It all depends on the type of steering wheel - the DB18 steering wheel centre is deeper than most other cars to accommodate the larger control head.
In summary, I'd try to repair your control head first!
Steve

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Culbu »

Thank you Steve for your advice. I will follow it...