Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

New DB18 specific website

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

New DB18 specific website

Post by grahamemmett »

I've long been frustrated at not being able to find information about the DB18 and it's derivitives in an easily accessible format - so I've done something about it and created an DB18 specific website. It is not a replacement for the forum as this is where valuable discussions take place but it is intended as a repository for 'static' information. I have made a start but there's plenty more that can go on so it's over to you, dear member to contribute.

Please have a look http://www.db18.org

If you have material that you would like to go on, photographs, suppliers, articles or anything relevant then please e-mail it to me at db18info@gmail.com

You will also see that I have a page for Spare Parts. I have links to the major traders but really this is intended for us owners to be able to move on parts that we have or locate parts we need, mainly in used condition. I would have loved for this to be an open list but there are too many idiots out there so I've given you a form that you can fill out with your for sale or wanted parts. If you like you can send me photo of the parts too. I will link buyers and seller by e-mail or phone.

It's a resource intended for us all to use and contribute so I hope it meets a need for DB18 owners worldwide.

Best regards
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: New DB18 specific website

Post by New Dexter »

Very nice idea. Nice photos too. However, the link to Derek Sleigh's site doesn't work but David Beales' does.

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Culbu »

I think I'm the first one to visit and inaugurate the "parts available" section !

Very good idea. Hope this website will quickly know the success...

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Looks like Derek's website is offline although it was working earlier.
Northwich, Cheshire

John Hitchins
Site Admin

Post by John Hitchins »

Sounds a good idea, I wonder how many DB18s are on the road in the world these days, a small band of people with the same interests.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

I don't suppose we will ever know for certain but we may attract a number who can help each other
Northwich, Cheshire

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Nice website Graham! Hope it works for everyone.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

terryfrombury

Post by terryfrombury »

Well, Graham, I have to congratulate you on this new venture. It looks superb, and I`m sure will become a great source of DB18 reference.

John Hitchins
Site Admin

Post by John Hitchins »

Well done Graham, just read my first article on the site, the DB18 manual, I have never seen before. This site will become very useful.

Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Petelang »

Please can we have one for Daimler Fifteen's?
Peter
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.