Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DB18 and mice!

John Hitchins
Site Admin

Re: DB18 and mice!

Post by John Hitchins »

I dont dare look for that!

Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Petelang »

Yes, woodworm make very short work of a tasty piece of plywood. Seems the glue gives them an enhanced appetite. I had to extensively soak all my floors in a good pesticide solution but it took ages for the smell to die away.
I put a couple of bits of displaced timbers upstairs in my unit and a few months later my tap and dies box started to leave little piles of dust every time I closed the lid. Little buggers have found another source of free dinners!
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.

Kbeal

Post by Kbeal »

Coming back to mice....I have found the original 'Tom and Jerry' style mousetrap is the best. ( the little nipper). I use haribo sweets as bait. Forget the humane traps or any newfangled enhanced design traps. They don't work as well.
Kevin

Post by #100910 »

Then there is the “Surrender With Dignity” option:

“If you can’t keep the rats away from the Dart, keep the Dart away from the rats.”

While perhaps not practical for larger model cars, 19-gauge ½" mesh galvanized steel has, after-the-fact, proven to be a reassuringly gnaw-proof solution. Requires about 10 minutes to un-cage the beastie.
Dart_Cage.JPG
Dart_Cage.JPG (925.53 KiB) Viewed 1485 times